[osis-core] Pause, reflect, exercise

Tue, 28 May 2002 12:19:07 -0400

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Hey guys, I was reading this morning.  I'm in Ezek. 39, currently.  It
> occured to me that we should each, maybe, try to markup some typical
> text from the Prophets with our new markup.
>

> If EACH of us that have time could attempt to give me their simple
> OSIS1.1pre8 rendition of Ezek. 39:1-5, I think it would be a great
> exercise to test our markup and ease my concerns.

Sure, but it will probably be later today before I can reach it. Is
there something special about the rendering of this passage in your
edition that you are trying to capture? I just looked at the NRSV and it
looks pretty much like standard direct speech to me. Speaker usually
does not quote themselves and in terms of format (in the NRSV) it looks
before the end of the day.  (Does raise the question of why there is no
p inside of speech, is that the issue?)

Patrick