[osis-core] Copyright

Sat, 11 May 2002 12:15:36 -0700

Is there any good reason to use DC other than because it is an existing
standard?  It looks like OEB adds additional constraints on DC such as
mandating ISO 8601 for dates and RFC 1766 for language.  ThML, which
also uses DC, adds attributes to the DC elements to specify schemes like
these and adds other metadata elements to make up for DC's lack.

What was the reason behind adopting Dublin Core and dropping our own
bibliographic metadata tags?  Might it be preferrable to drop it and
develop something better?

--Chris