Wed, 08 May 2002 11:47:33 -0400

Kees and Troy in particular, Eric if you are checking your email:

In Steve's notes from Rome there is a note about some reason why we can
drop <q></q> either as an element and as milestones. Problem is that my
memory is unclear as to why that is the case and Steve does not recall
either. Seems to me we need some <q></q> like element, at least for use
in notes, if not elsewhere. Would go into phrase group and have
segmentation attributes (to deal with crossing boundaries).

Can someone help my memory a little here?

Or provide an argument that will make me realize loosing <q></q> was
just a bad dream? ;-)

Thanks!