[osis-core] Top Level: osisText

Wed, 08 May 2002 07:30:35 -0400

Greetings,

First in a series of posts today, wherein I try, probably not very well,
to provide a techie's view of the OSIS schema, with note along the way
as to what is broken, missing or needs further comment. Highly personal
view so please chime in early and often!

Top Level Container:

osisText: surrounds the entire document instance

attributes:

work : In the sense of ??? Steve help me here.

refSys: Declares the default reference system

ews: electronic writing system (computer representations of texts are a
writing system. writing systems are for example Arabic used to record
Hebrew text. There is a mapping from the character seen in the writing
system, to the language that is being represented.)

ID: optional?, should we limit to XML ID syntax? Suspect that it will be
used internally by users and see no real advantage in forcing the syntax
on them.

lang: now languageType: do we want to force validation here?

type: xs:string

Contains:

header: (Dublin Core elements from OEB) required but has only one
required element: title (reasoning why would you be encoding a work
without a title?)

front: optional, has title and div

body: required, has title and div

back: optional, has title and div