[osis-core] Element Count?

Tue, 07 May 2002 08:18:06 -0400

Guys,

Unless I am just loosing my counting ability (a distinct possibility) it
looks like we have 54 elements in the core, of which 16 are used solely
in the header,  which leaves only 38 elements! Cool!

Note that I need to properly camel case all the element names, eliminate
a duplicate on the <date> element.

Will try to do the typo stuff tonight and send out another version, plus
whatever other fixes arrive by say 6 PM?

Steve: Please forward the regexes we discussed in Rome.

Will also try to fix some of the xs:string foolishness I did just to get
it to validate.

On the key/keyRef stuff you have seen in Steve's notes, I assume the
default context for the key/keyRef will be at the <div> level?

Note that we have separated (well, thought about it whether the syntax
reflects it is another story) being sure that a reference can be in one
reference system (its home or document instance reference system, and
point to another (possibly remote) work with another reference system.
Sort of a "myReferenceSystem" versus "otherReferenceSystem" sort of
distinction.

I interpret the ews (electronic writing system attribute) to apply to
the CDATA that follows in an element or in following elements, but not
to the QNames inside the following elements or any attribute values.

Steve, would attributes on osisText that specify: mLang (markup language
for QNames) and aLang (language of attribute content) resolve this
ambiguity? Reasoning that the document has XML Names (elements,
attributes), Attribute values as strings, and PCDATA, and what we want
to say is the language (writing system separately?) about each one.