[osis-core] Getting OSIS out the door

Steven DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 21:29:08 -0400

OK, we're looking decent. Let me throw out a few agenda items that I
can think of that we need to do in the very near future:

(Numbers are for reference, not priority or anything meaningful)

1. Review the issue list (forwarded by Patrick to list at 03:08 PM
-0400 05/06/02), and decide any issues not yet listed as decided.
Most of those I probably just didn't remember to write down a
consensus that was actually reached).

2. Add any other issues

3. Assign numbers to the issues (generally a good idea for
reference). I thought of trying to organize them somehow first, but
that seems unimportant.

4. Decide on what to call the schema we publish at this point. I
think I'm in favor of something like "1.1 Proposed Recommendation".

5. Finalize the schema and post it to the list and to all attendees.

6. Write the actual spec to explain what all the stuff is.

7. Get the tech writer to generate the tutorial and reference.

8. Organize a web area for this with sections such as:
    Schemas, sample documents, conversion tools, stylesheets, software.
    And fill with whatever we've got: derived DTD packaged with emacs PSGML;
    CSS and instructions for loading into IE and NS; etc.

9. Pick a namespace URI for ourselves

I think at that point we'll be in pretty good shape on the first
release of OSIS.

Anything major I'm leaving out?

How soon do y'all think we can get through that stuff?

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net
Email: sderose@speakeasy.net
Backup email: sderose@mac.com, sjd@stg.brown.edu