[osis-core] line, lineGroup, lineStart, & lineEnd

Thu, 2 May 2002 02:24:00 -0700

Are we still allowed to make suggestions for OSISCore? :)

I'm a bit confused by the final schema's handling of lines.  It seems that line elements can only occur within lineGroups, but lineStart/End milestones may not.  So it seems that lineStart/End milestones don't really have a place (assuming they should still be encased in a lineGroup).

More importantly, lineGroup elements can only contain lines.  But it seems that if they can contain the lineStart/End milestones they need to be allowed to contain all the same elements as lines.  Minimally, they should be allowed to contain the milestones so that verse/chapter divisions can be indicated within a lineGroup.  For example:

<verseStart MID="Ps.2.1-Ps.2.2"/>
<lineGroup>
	<line>¿Por que́ se rebelan contra Dios</line>
	<line>las naciones y los pueblos?</line>
	<line>¿Por que́ estudian la manera</line>
	<line>de luchar contra e́l y contra su rey?</line>
	<line>¡Inu́tiles son los planes</line>
	<line>de los reyes de este mundo!</line>
	<verseEnd MIDREF="Ps.2.1-Ps.2.2"/>
	<verseStart MID="Ps.2.3"/>
	<line>¡Quieren acabar con su poder!</line>
	<line>¡Quieren librarse de su dominio!</line>
</lineGroup>
<verseEnd MIDREF="Ps.2.3"/>

--Chris