[osis-core] Index update

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:44:26 -0400

Greetings,

Update on the index element.

Actually TEI has it and has four "level1" - "level4" for what Steve
called "keys." I just followed that model.

Might want to note that by adding this element, not only do we get
electronic indexing but I think the latest version of FOP supports the
creation of index entries with page numbers. I am thinking that will be
important for publishers to realize that they can go from an OSIS text
(even before the publisher module) to a regular printed  work with
standard index entries to page numbers. (Would require more
sophisticated sorting, etc. on the XSL side but this is all you would
need for the ability.)