[osis-core] scripCom

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:39:04 -0400

Troy,

Yes, my understanding is that the id="..." attribute is does the
"I am this" function, and it can occur on any element. (I wouldn't
want to have to put <verse> elements throughout augustine's confessions
to be able to tell where various books, chapters, sections are.)

I also agree with Steve's suggestion that it ought to have a more
distinctive name, maybe osisID or sectionID or canonicalID.

Q. Do they have to be unique within a document?

Q. Is there a way of defining the class of legal canonicalIDs for
a document?

-Harry