[osis-core] Index Syntax

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:43:46 -0400

Harry,

Still working on the current and a proposed revision of the pointer
syntax (which I think needs a bit more clarity) as well as incorporating
your observations and remarks.

Since it (may!) be a simpler issue, what about the <index> element syntax?

Steve suggested:

<index index-name='subjects' key1='sacrifices' key2='cows'
key3='preparation of'>...</index>

To avoid any more overlapping problems than we have already, I would
suggest:

1. <index> be an empty element with attributes.

Clarification: does index-name mean the type of index? subject versus
name versus geographic place? (Assume so but wanted to be certain.) If
that is the case then each index could hold only one index-name/type
along with associated keys but if it is an empty element, suppose you
could have as many as you liked at any point in the text.

Allow index to appear anywhere that milestone can appear?

Comments, suggestions?