[osis-core] Subject of Texts?

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:44:31 -0400

> By way of example:

> well as differences. It is important to note that both end on the same
> note of humble acquiesence before the inscrutable divine will. The
> Sumerian composition is the earliest treatment of the problem of
> suffering in Mesopotamia, the forerunner of similar compositions
> considered below.</p>
>
> Job: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary, Marvin H. Pope,
> Anchor Bible Series, page LX.
>
> so one possibility (I am not wedded to the syntax/names, just
> illustrating the problem) would be:

> parallel" subject3="Mesopotamian theodicy" subject4="theodicy">
>
> Note that I have answered Harry's question of "what am I" with type (may
> need some other attribute as type gets used too quickly) and suggested
> that the separate question of "what am I applied to" (Harry suggested
> verses but could have other targets as well) with the subject attributes.

Well, that would be beyond the scope of what I had in mind for annotations.
My proposal would only be able to say something like
annotationType="commentary">

But this more general ability to say something about the topic of
an element is very interesting. If it were possible to add the capability
with a well-chosen couple of attributes, that would also seem to be
very useful.

-Harry