[osis-core] scripCom

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:10:50 -0400

> >What did you think of the idea of an added optional attribute
> >saying what kind of relationship a pointer specifies? Or is there
> >another, more general way of saying "this <div> has this type of
> >relationship to the document pointed to."
>
> That seems reasonable; what are the types that you know of?
>
> So far we've distinguished
>
> a) Identifying a part of the document as 'being' a certain passage
>
> b) a cross-reference to a given passage
>

> It seems we need to add at least
>
> c) being commentary about a given passage
>
> but I'm unclear on how to address more specific things like
> sermon-about, etc.
> Is that genre plus 'am about', or should we define different kinds of
> 'about-ness'?
>
> Thoughts?

In the world wide study bible (http://www.ccel.org/wwsb/) I list a whole
bunch of different types of bibles and commentary-like resources by bible
passage.  My current list is below. These would all be candidate
referenceTypes for
as far as the CCEL is concerned.

One could also imagine "IsResponseTo", "TranslationOf", ...

I think you need
  (a) a pointer to another document that this "comments on" or "annotes"
  (b) an attribute in which you can put in a type (string).

-Harry

+---------------------+----------+
| name                | sequence |
+---------------------+----------+