[osis-core] Outstaning Comments/Concerns?

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:08:55 -0400

At 10:25 AM -0400 06/25/02, Harry Plantinga wrote:
>Patrick,
>
>You mention
>
>   1. simple hypertext links
>   2. make the segID optional on <seg> so it can be used as a
>      generic phrase-level container
>
>I brought up some other issues that would need to be handled for use
>with with digital libraries, bible software, etc.
>
>   3. <index type="" title="" subject1="" subject2="">
>   4. identify a div as a commentary on a bible passage
>   5. identifying a part of a document as terms and definitions/dictionary
>      entries/etc.

What are type and title in #3?

Should we enumerate a set of div types for things we already know
we'll need? Does that suffice for 4 (given we also add the ref to the
passage it discusses)?

Is that div type='glossary'? Did we end up having a deflist, or at
least a way to mark up the word as opposed to the defn?

Those all seem worth having....

Let's see, I had a big list of div types I made by reviewing a stack
of print bibles.... now can i find it? Yup (obviously not all these
belong in a base set; but for those that are common and appropriate
to include, standard names would certainly be nice):

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net