[osis-core] scripCom

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:05:33 -0400

> At 03:55 PM -0400 06/21/02, Harry Plantinga wrote:
> >ThML has a <scripCom type="sermon" passage="Rev. 1:1-3"/>
> >element which basically says "this is a commentary of type
> >sermon on Revelation 1:1-3." Can that be said in OSIS?
> >
> >This doesn't quite capture it all:
> >
> ><milestone type="commentary" work="bible" cite="Rev.1.1"
> >outCite="Rev.1.3" />
> >
> >Any other ideas?
>
> I'd favor div type=sermon; at some point we should provide some
> standard div types.... And as Patrick mentioned, having a formal ref
> to the passage discussed sure seems valuable.

This doesn't really capture it all either.  I'm thinking of
bible-study-type software which lets you line up bibles and
commentaries.  You want to have a standard way of being able
to get the commentary on a particular passage. And there may
be various types of "commentary" or other annotation -- sermons,
meditations, commentary, translations, etc.

What did you think of the idea of an added optional attribute
saying what kind of relationship a pointer specifies? Or is there
another, more general way of saying "this <div> has this type of
relationship to the document pointed to."

-harry