[osis-core] <a>?

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:33:48 -0400

Harry,

Harry Plantinga wrote:

>Does <reference> define a hypertext link, or is the
>idea that we'll use some other link element included with
>a namespace identifier?
>
>If there's a generic <a href="xxx">...</a> in a document
>I'm converting, what would the recommended OSIS markup be?

Should see a post from Steve in the wee morning hours on this one.

Actually reference is more of the type, <p>Patrick said you should look
in <reference work="Bible" cite="Revelations">Revelations</reference> so
that we could capture both explicit and implicit references.

We already have holders for the pointers but no explicit href mechanism.
I suspect we were thinking of resolution of the pointers being an
application issue. Probably need more than bare pointers. Will see what
Steve says later today.

Patrick