[osis-core] scripCom

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:28:06 -0400

Harry,

Harry Plantinga wrote:

>ThML has a <scripCom type="sermon" passage="Rev. 1:1-3"/>
>element which basically says "this is a commentary of type
>sermon on Revelation 1:1-3." Can that be said in OSIS?
>
>This doesn't quite capture it all:
>
><milestone type="commentary" work="bible" cite="Rev.1.1"
>outCite="Rev.1.3" />
>
>Any other ideas?

Well pilgrim, looks like a busy weekend ahead at the Angle-Bang ranch! ;-)

I spoke with Steve and he will be bouncing some stuff to the list but
the quick suggestion (comments welcome) was to add a subjectRef
attribute to <div> which would be different from our pointer references
in that it does not point to a place but identifies a subject that is
being discussed. The work and cite attributes are really meant to be
more for pointing than identification of the subject of a division.

Undocumented but cite is a reference within a work, outCite is a
reference to outside of a work.

I assume the issue is not how we say what an entire document is about,
but what smaller portions of a document are about?

Let me know if I got close on this one.

Patrick