[osis-core] paren

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:24:28 -0400

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Do we have a paren element for parenthetical statements, or do we just
> expect them to remain tagged but in the text with a '(' and ')'?

Can you tell me what the "parenthetical statement" is in the text you cite?

> Found an interesting occurance in Daniel 10:21-11:1

In the CEV, I see the angel start speaking at Daniel 10:20 Then the
angel said... and that speech appears to continue to the end of Daniel
11:1. (In layout at least, the CEV seems to treat the entire passage as
a blockQuote.)

If all the statements are to Daniel (unlike the other examples you have
cited for other cases which are "go and say 'what to say'") I don't see
how to make a distinction in the various parts of this speech.

It would help if I could see some distinction for why a text would be so
divided. (Tell me again what edition you are using and I will order it
from Amazon for overnight delivery. The ones I have on hand don't make
the distinctions that you are citing.)

If worse came to worse, I would mark it with <seg type="unknown"></seg>
since I can see no reason for the segmentation. Could just ignore it
(from a markup standpoint and leave the "(" and ")" in the text but that
seems to be ducking the issue.