[osis-core] Use of line and verse.

Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:53:02 -0400

Todd,

Testing my understanding, not necessarily a proposal: ;-)

So what you are proposing is that lineGroup contain verses and that
verses contain lines? (Assuming verses are optional in lineGroup since
in non-Bible texts I may well want to reproduce a lineGroup with lines,
for poetic texts that don't have the verse structure.) Verses would have
the same content model as elsewhere but with the addition of lines? Or
would you suggest adding lines to verses more generally? (The last
suggestion might lead to typographic abuse of lines for formatting
purposes. )

May still have cases where lines cross verses but that seems unlikely.

Comments? (If I am understanding the proposal correctly, I think I like it.)