[osis-core] Schema sample attached

Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:42:47 -0500

Kees,

I have not encoded anything other than the test Matt.13.1-Matt.13.23
[TEV] (and it is not ready for public release). I am moving from TX to
CO next week so it is unlikely that I will do anything that week.

I can probably finish out a pristine Matt.13 the next week pending
resolution of the current issues.

It looks to me like there may be a considerable amount of effort needed
to encode the whole Bible (or even Matt and Ps like we had for the
pre-Rome schema).  The reason being that the overlapping hierarchies
that had been handled by milestones will drive the addition of elements
to replace the milestone pairs currently in encoded in older versions
(XSEM and pre-Rome OSIS formats).  When the new elements are added there
will be more than element for each milestone pair in many cases.  There
will be several different patterns that arise.  The obvious ones are
verse and paragraph overlapping as well as quotes and blockQuotes
overlapping just about everything.  But there will also be overlapping
<list>/<item>, and <lineGroup>/<line>.  For each one the style sheet
will have to be tweaked to make it produce the appropriate results.

However, I believe that we should not declare the schema robust enough
to call final and release until we have encoded the entire Bible in two
modern versions that INCLUDE the appropriate use of <p>, <q>,
<blockQuote>, <list>/<item>, and <lineGroup>/<line>.

However, the KJV (versions with no paragraph marks) should be pretty
easy to get going.

OSIS-encoded