[osis-core] startMilestone/endMilestone

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:49:08 -0700

> 4. Note that the startMileston/endMilestone with a type attribute should
> solve the quotation problem that Troy has raised.

So we are suggesting using something like:

<startMilestone type="q" ID="1234" />
this is a quote
<endMilestone IDREF="1234" />

?

Not sure if I like this better than:

<q mStart="1234" />
this is a quote
<q mEnd="1234" />

At least with the latter, when we're processing the quote tag <q> we'll
get both the container and the milestone usages.

The downside of using the former is that when looking for any tag, I'll
need to search for <tag> AND also for <startMilestone type="tag">

The downside of using the latter is that when processing any tag with
attributeGroup 'milestone' (which would contain attributes 'mStart' and
'mEnd'), I have to check for attribute 'mStart' to see if I'm a
container or a milestone type of tag.

Still better like the way the latter looks.

	-Troy.