[osis-core] Free-range grain-fed sacred cows

Wed, 31 Jul 2002 14:36:21 -0600

> > An additional implication of this proposal, which may or may not be
> > desirable,
> > is that containers could be split.  If you can combine different
> elements
> > into one logical container by giving them the same osisID, you can
have
> > pretty complex logical containers.
>
> What I meant to say is that these containers could be non-contiguous,
etc.

I am not sure if a title should have an osisID.  I think I am opening
myself up for critism on this one based on the titles in Ps that are
given verse identifiers in the "Hebrew" tradition.  Thoughts?

Should <p> be allowed to have an osisID or should it be forced to
contain <verse> element that then carry the osisID?

If the containers are non-contiguous, the question is why are they not
contiguous?  Once case is the element itself is segmented.  In this case
then next/prev attributes will help glue the element back together.
Otherwise as I said in the previous post then the user should can use
the osisIDs to put together all sorts of things beyond the scope of what
the original encoder may have thought.