[osis-core] Encoding of Bible.TEV:Matt.13.1-Matt.13.23

Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:26:01 -0600

What I attached is what I was/am proposing as an acceptable encoding.

What I was trying to demonstrate in the text of posting was that in a
large number of cases there will be an intersection between verses and
lines in a lineGroup.  If either a line element could act as a "sub
class" of verse or if there were a way to allow a verse to exist within
a lineGroup and contain lines then the encoding job would be much
simpler.  It is possible to define a special verse element that is only
a child of lineGroup that is identical to the "normal" verse element but
also allows line elements as children.

It think that we will find that encoding lineGroups and possibly lists
to be much less onerous with this sort of mechanism.

dull,</verse></line>