[osis-core] OSIS pointers and references

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:44:05 -0700

My 2 cent interjection for now:

> 8. osisRef: [workID:]ID@grain[-ID@grain] -- pointer to a location or range
> in a text. If workID is not present, the current document is assumed.

I don't believe something like "Mat.1.1" should refer, by default, to
the current document.  My opinion is that the default should be
specified somewhere, like in osisText.  Mat.1.1 MIGHT refer to the
current document, like in a study Bible's notes-- and can still be such
by specifying itself in the osisText, but for all commentaries and other
works, this will almost never point to the current document.