[osis-core] OSIS pointers and references

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 13:13:16 -0400

> I do not think of the work element as only referring to an OSIS
> document. <work> is (in your words) "a general bibliography item..."
>
> What I envisioned for <work> was as follows:
>
> <work> with an attribute value of workID could record as any general
> bibliography item, any work, from electronic to print to ancient.
>
> The workID value creates a mapping between the item as recording as a
> general bibliographic reference and the workID.

Agreed.  Then are we overloading a <work> element when we use it to map
"lxx" to "any English translation of the LXX"? Is saying that "osisRefs
prefixed by lxx: come from the osisIDScheme 'bible.lxx.en'" really making a
bibliography entry?

Maybe the aswer to that would be the same as the answer to this question:
Does using a <work> to declare "lxx" to mean "any English translation of the
LXX", necessarily imply that "any English translation of the LXX" should go
into the bibliography?

-Harry