[osis-core] One more round on osisID/osisRef!

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 14:35:40 -0400

Harry,

Harry Plantinga wrote:

>OK, here's another crazy idea. What if we want to
>use an osisWork:osisID as a uri, for example
>for a link in an <a> element?
>
>How 'bout this:  For an osisWork of bible.lxx,
>osisID Ps.41, use

>or <a href="osis:bible.lxx/Ps.41">?
>
>...see the <a href="osis:bible.niv/Ps.41">NIV rendering</a>

Ah, but it conflicts with need to escape ":" in URI syntax (see
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt, nice leisure reading to print and
take with you!) ;-)

>-Harry
>
>P.S. I really have to start preparing for being away,
>so I'm going to try to shut up now.  I'll be accessible
>by email on and off for the next week, then less so for
>the next 2+ weeks.

Will try to round up any outstanding comments on the version I posted
yesterday, changes for style/clarity and the like. Should have the map
out tomorrow morning and hopefully some sample texts to start testing?

Hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for all the help!