[osis-core] Is this ready for OSIS 1.1? Header

Fri, 05 Jul 2002 05:17:33 -0400

Todd,

Just a quick look up from the contract I am working on to reply.

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

>Did we address Harry's concerns regarding the header?

Yes.

>I continue to find the header to be limiting.  It seems that any useful
>header will be a part of future release.  Should we consider splitting the
>header into its own schema (OSISHeader for example) and then include which
>ever header is most suitable in the non-abstract schema used.  (Of course
>this implies that OSISCore is abstract.)

I really don't understand how the proposed header is limiting. It
follows the Dublin Core metadata standard which librarians seem to find
acceptable for far more complex classification than I think we are going
to see for early OSIS texts. In what way is it limited? Other than
preferring another syntax for headers, tell me something that it cannot
represent. (It may not represent it in the way you think syntax should
be written but that is an entirely different issue from saying that the
header is limited.)

>Shouldn't teiHeader be TEIHeader?

No, TEI uses (or more properly we follow) the TEI practice of camel case.