[osis-core] Regex syntax proposal and question

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:50:27 -0400

> So you would propose [\c]* (removing the negation from ^\s)? (Allows all
> valid XML name characters)

Yes--unless XML name characters can include "." -- then you'd have to
do something to prevent the use of "." in a token.

> >>As modified per Steve's last post on its syntax (char changed to cp,
> >>made range optional (warning, on-the-fly editing).
> >>

> >Also, I think Steve said he like the idea of searching forward from
> >the cp location to the start of the string match.
> >
> Not sure what you saying here in terms of changing the regex syntax,
> proposed syntax follows, can you edit to illustrate?

No change in syntax -- just a change in semantics.

-harry