[osis-core] Harry on osisID's

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:55:49 -0400

> >Q. Is there a way of defining the class of legal canonicalIDs for
> >a document?
> >
> Yes, we had a massive regex early in the project for that very purpose.
> Problem is that if we put it in the core, then it is required for all
> documents, probably not the best choice.
>
> Just redefine the permissible content for the syntax regex. So  the core
> module validates that you used the proper syntax and for a given
> project, you have a very short schema that invokes the core and
> redefines the regex to fit whatever you think are the proper values, not
> just for osisID but for osisRef and other attribute values.
>
> Patrick

What I really meant to ask is this: is there a way to write some XML
that declares that Augustine's Confessions will have osisIDs of the
following sort:

Books I .. XIII
Each book has chapters i, ii, iii, iv, ...
Each chapter has sections 1, 2, ...

In addition there is a Prologue wiht sections identified as
Prologue.i, Prologue.ii, etc

And the like.

I suppose that this is future work. Or, perhaps we can declare the
osisIDs in some OSIS edition of Augustine's Confessions to be canonical.

-Harry