[osis-core] reference systems: my thoughts - issues

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 10:29:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Todd Tillinghast wrote:

> If you are creating Bible.TEV I would hope that your are not creating
> the equivalent of another reference system that requires a
> transformation but simply a work named Bible.TEV that simply adopts the
> "Bible" reference system!

That is precisely the proposal -- a new document Bible.TEV would define a
new reference system Bible.TEV.  But it's not much of a problem at all if
the reference systems are compatible.  Somewhere, you'd just have to say
"Bible.TEV = Bible".  Maybe that could even be the default when no
transformation is defined or available.

-Harry