[osis-core] osisCore_Candidate.1.1_006!

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:32:48 -0400

> Question: Do I need to rework the regex to allow the wildcard
> character
> "*" in the osisRef? (suspect I do since it only allows
> letters/numbers and underscore

According to the proposal, no.  You'd use the wildcard like this:

<work osisWork="lxx">
  <identifier type="OSIS">Bible.LXX.*.en</identifier>
</work>

We should officially decide if OSIS is the right string to use
in type="OSIS".

We should also decide on a name for things like this: Bible.LXX.*.en.
That is, under this proposal, we are using "osisWork" for two different
sorts of things -- the internal and the external work identifiers.
Maybe we could use "workID" for the internal identifier and "osisWork"
for the external one.  So we'd have

<osisText osisWork="Bible.NIV.Zondervan1992.en">

and

<work workID="NIV">
  <identifier type="OSIS">Bible.NIV.Zondervan1992.en">

> Question: Do I need to drop the "[ ]" in the namespace prefix for
> osisWork in osisRef? (This was a reference system specifier.
> That is how
> I interpret Harry's post but want to be sure.)

According to the proposal, yes, you'd drop the [] in the namespace
prefix.

-Harry