[osis-core] osisCandidate: 005 (about to appear) comments on 006 (tomorrow)

Thu, 29 Aug 2002 07:08:02 -0400

Greetings,

The latest and greatest version of the osisCandidate for 1.1 is about to
appear. Only change from yesterday is a bug-fix to make osisText vs.
osisCorpus xs:choice. (Thanks Harry!)

Anticipated release of 006 tomorrow:

1. Should osisID be required on <verse>

2. Should we default reference system on osisText (whatever we call the
attribute)

3. Cf., Todd's latest post on reference systems. I personally like the
current proposal but realize we need something that is largely
transparent for 95%+ of the users, at least in this release. I will try
to post something later today outlining (without a lot of quoted texts
from other posts) where I think we are on this issue.

I would like for the 006 release to be nearly the last one before we
roll out 1.1 on the 1st of September so if there are any major or minor
issues left, now is the time to speak.

One issue that I think we can resolve as part of the reference issue
Todd has raised (as well as Harry) is to declare a syntax for references
and provide examples. In part by providing examples of how to make
references and the providing a short list of the ones we have already made.

Hope this finds everyone in good health and spirits!