FW: [osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 12 - splitID

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:54:35 -0400

At 09:43 AM -0600 08/26/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>This is the post form Thursday regarding splitIDs.

I had that impression; they would just be sequence-numbered. The
split number would only need to be unique within a given osisID, not
globally. If the splitIDs were letters (as Patrick just suggested),
this would be basically like the convention people tend to use
anyway: Matt.1.1a -- we'd just have some extra punctuation.

>Is the numeric value of the splitID used in the context of an osisID?

Yes, you define it there when doing split verses.

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net
Email: sderose@speakeasy.net
Backup email: sjd@stg.brown.edu