[osis-core] osisWork, refSystem - Summary

Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:15:42 -0400

Guys,

So I take it the common agreement is as follows:

1. Should have attributes on osisText that are osisWork and refSystem.

2. The values of osisWork and refSystem are declared in separate
container elements, <works> and <refSystems> respectively, by <work> and
<refSystem> elements, each of which has an attribute that acts as an
identifier for that entry.

3. Q: Do we need an alias attribute on <work> and <refSystem> so that:
 Bible.KJV.1611 could be used as KJV? (Harry, that is my understanding
of your requirement, may be entirely incorrect. Please correct if I have
missed the point.) Note that the alias would still have to meet the
requirements of the regular regexes.

4. On the issue of ID/IDREF for osisID, osisRef and osisWork. Note that
use of ID/IDREF forces us to obey the XML name constraint, which we do
not enforce, deliberately, for osisID for example. I will be posting a
greatly reduced schema to hopefully indicate how we could do key/keyref
and avoid that problem.

5. <works> should be required in header and be required to have at least
one child <work> which contains all the header stuff.

Comments?

Will push the next release to 6:00 PM today so I can reach all the other
posts that are pending and perhaps have some comments back on proposed
changes.