[osis-core] osisWork regex problem

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:46:25 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Harry Plantinga wrote:

> I suggested authorID_bookID, but the regex apparently
> doesn't understand that value.  I don't have schema documentation
> handy, so I can't debug the regex right now except by guessing,
> but shouldn't that be an acceptable value?
>
> Here's the regex: ((\p{L}|\p{N}|_)*)((\.(\p{L}|\p{N}|_)+)*)?

If this is the schema as it stands, the first * needs to be changed to a
+.  Currently, "" is a valid osisWork.

Also, just on the implementation side, what I have been using is something
more like "authorID.bookID".  That helps by grouping works by author.  If
the author had first & last names, I might even do
lastNameID.firstNameID.bookID rather than lastName_firstName.bookID.  Can
you explain some of the reasoning behind your choice to go with
authorID_bookID & do you see that as better than authorID.bookID?

--Chris