[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 10 reference to an entire work.

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:14:09 -0600

Currenly we have a nice mechanism to point to a reference within a work
but not to an entire work or reference system.

<reference osisRef="Bible.KJV(Bible.TEV)"/> is invalid.

But <reference osisRef="Bible.TEV:Gen"/> is valid.

If we change the regex to no have a ":" then we have no way to
distinquish between a reference to an entire work or reference system
and a reference that is defaulting the reference system.  We could allow
the following:

<reference osisRef="Bible.KJV(Bible.TEV):"/>

One ugly thing is that the reference system is not needed when referring
to the entire work.

Do we need a <workReference> element?  It is tempting to add another
attribute to <reference> named osisWorkRef but then both attributes
would be optional.  I would rather see another element and have the
attributes be required.

Todd