[osis-core] schema 1.1_003 bug

Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:45:14 -0600

Harry,

Are you saying that a work should not be tied to a single reference
system.  If that is your point, it is an excellent one!  What this leads
me to think is that we should define works and reference systems
separately
<refSystems>
	<refSystem name="X.Y"> all of the elements to declare the ref
system</refSystem>
	<refSystem name="Bible.KJV">all of the elements to declare the
ref system</refSystem>
</refSystems>
<works>
	<work name="X.Y">all of elements to declare the work</work>
	<work name="Bible.TEV">all of the elements to declare the
work</work>
</works>

THIS IS A REVERSAL ON MY PART WITH RESPECT TO WHAT I HAD POSTED
YESTERDAY.  Thank you Harry for keeping me straight.

I also suggested yesterday that we should allow a work to say that it is
also a refSystem.  On further though this seems like a bad idea.  If we
allow a short hand mechanism now for defining a reference system that
points to a work OR just let the work say it defines a refSystem then we
would have difficultly with backwards compatibility if we needed to add
additional requirements to a refSystem declaration in the future that
don't really belong in a work declaration.

Todd