[osis-core] headers & refSystems

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:08:02 -0700 (MST)

I'm still really confused about the usage of headers (as outlined in my

Also, what is the usage of refSystem(s)?  Why are these not a part of
work, and why do they need all the same element types as works?

Also, would it make sense to enumerate some standard refSystems for people
to use so that they don't invent their own conflicting systems?  I have in
mind things like beyond just "Bible" but like "Dictionary",
"Lexicon.Greek.English", "Devotional.Daily", or "Index.Topical".  This
helps to set up standard fall-backs.  E.g. if a document references
something in a document using "Dictionary.Bible" as its refSystem but that
specific work is unavailable, another "Dictionary.Bible" will be used, or
another "Dictionary" if that is unavailable.

--Chris