[osis-core] work/works/header

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 20:28:41 -0700 (MST)

Could somebody explain to me how to use the work, works, and header
elements?

If I just have a regular old Bible, where do I put my metadata?  In a
<work> element within <header>?

If I have a collection of works that I'm encoding within a single
document, do I put metadata within <work> elements within <works> and then
exclusive within <header> rather than having <work> mandatory & unbounded
and <works> optional?  Or does <work> always refer to the whole docuemnt
(e.g. an anthology) while <works> includes the component works--in which
case, shouldn't <work> be limited to one instance in the <header>?

When would I have cause to use the metadata elements within header itself
rather than in an embedded <work>?

--Chris