[osis-core] osisCore.Candidate.1.1.xsd!

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 08:29:16 -0400

Greetings,

Attached please find the Candidate for release as osisCore.1.1.xsd. We
will be sending this to anyone who wants to review the schema, but not
posting it to a public website until 1 September 2002. That gap is to
allow us to test with text conversion the various parts (particularly
the regexes, which Henry Thompson's schema checker reports as valid but
that does not mean they do what we want. ;-)  ) and to otherwise tweak
the schema.

If you send out a copy to anyone, please explicitly note that changes
are possible, error correction likely, and that no production texts
should be produced with this version. The production version will appear
on 1 September 2002.

I will be adding explanatory material to the schema itself along with
some material about the group and its members that made this possible.

A long hard road and it would not have been even remotely possible
 without you guys!

One last push and we can start working on producing the fun stuff!
Stylesheets for diglots, polyglots, print-your-own-edition, etc. Not to
mention the more somber scholarly analysis modules and translator
modules. (Can you imagine something like ParaText that allows access to
all the Bible Translator series by the word you are interested in,
filtered by the target language? Perhaps a topicmap for OSIS is not all
that far away!)

Thanks!