[osis-core] osisID as List

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:16:16 -0400

Greetings,

Todd took time from dodging the tax man to post several nagging issues
that we need to resolve (I have divided them up for ease of consideration):

First,

>1) Outstanding is osisID as a list.  We all need to be clear on what an
>osisID is and what we intend to be used for.  If osisID is not a list I
>cannot encode things like Matt.1.6-Matt.1.11.

osisID is a self-identifier in a reference system, most generally
associated with a book, chapter or verse. The case you cite, from the
TEV or CEV, is not an osisID, but is an example of an osisRef, i.e., a
pointer to a reference system that is not present in the work you are
encoding. That gets you the range operator without either having lists
in osisID or adding ranges to it.

I think the reasoning is that there is really no reference system that
has Matt.1.6-Matt.1.11 as a self-identifier for a portion of text.

Steve, can you confirm?