[osis-core] Outstanding issues.

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:03:38 -0600

Patrick,

1) Outstanding is osisID as a list.  We all need to be clear on what an
osisID is and what we intend to be used for.  If osisID is not a list I
cannot encode things like Matt.1.6-Matt.1.11.

2) I am not clear on the current strategy for segmentation.  I know we
have milestones and they can be used for ALL forms of segmentation, but
I thought that we had agreed that the primary mechanism to handle
segmentation would be through some sort of prev/next/segID strategy (or
as recently discussed, just segID what follows a convention that
specifies order).

3) No one has addressed the concerns raised related to creating
expressions that "get" elements based on a identifier in an osisID.  One
option would be to put ( and ) around each identifier.  (Or [ and ] but
we already use that for grain.)  Ex: <verse osisID="[Matt.1.6]
[Matt.1.7] [Matt.1.8] [Matt.1.9] [Matt.1.10] [Matt.1.11]
[Bible.TEV:Matt.1.6.b]"> and <div osisID="[Matt.1]">.  This works for me
if it works for everyone else.  Thoughts?

Without resolution to #1 and #2 it will be difficult to encode the
non-trivial test texts.  And with out resolution to #3 reliable XSL
transformations will be hard to find.

Todd