[osis-core] OSIS work regex

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:25:31 -0400

If schema RegExps behave as they do in Perl, the ? is superfluous.
Perhaps

  [\L\N][\.\L\N]*

The underscore character (_) is pretty commonly used in names and may be
present in documents converted to OSIS. I can't see that it would do any
harm. Could it be included?  Perhaps

-Harry

For the work portion:

<xs:pattern value = "([\L\N\.]([\L\N\.]*)?)" />

By which I am trying to say, any letter or number combination, followed
by a period is complusory, followed by any number of optional
letter/number combinations that also end in a period (periods, hyphens,
etc., being excluded from the work name).