[osis-core] Canon regex

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 07:32:53 -0400

Guys,

Suddenly occurred to me while working on Steve's regexes that canon is
really just work at a different position. After all, if we are applying
to to a variety of texts, the various parts of a canonical identifier
may have letters/numbers as well and be separated by periods (full
stops). The only real difference is that work comes before the ":" and
canon comes after it.

In the osisID regex I will have to add the ":" in as required. But the
canon regex should read as follows:

<xs:pattern value = "([\L\N\.]([\L\N\.]*)?)" />

By which I am trying to say, any letter or number combination, followed
by a period is complusory, followed by any number of optional
letter/number combinations that also end in a period (periods, hyphens,
etc., being excluded from the canon name).

Onwards to grain and finally putting them all together. Yikes!