[osis-core] Last changes! I Promise!

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:23:06 -0500

Can you explain what is meant TRW and TR?

If there are multiple nameing systems that could be put in the same
attribute in <w> then we need a way to indicate which naming system we mean.
If TR is intended as a "naming system" the we should adopt a convention to
separate the nameing system from the "name".  Something like "TR:12345"
would seem natural but ":" is not allowed in xs:ID.  What you think about
using "TR..12345" in the same form as "Bible.KJV..John.1.1".  This would
give us "strong..1234" for strongs numbers or "strong.extended..9934".

So I am proposing that we create a SimpleType that looks like

<xs:simpleType name="xyz">
	<xs:restriction base="xs:string">
	</xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>

and use it for the attributes in <w> AND for target.

(I don't think that attributeExtension will work for POS, morph, and lemma.)