[osis-core] OSIS: One more attempt at a solution!

Sun, 14 Apr 2002 17:32:28 -0400

Greetings,

After yet another hurried conversation with Todd (he is trying to sell
his house), the following is suggested:

1. OSISID: A valid xs:ID that is validated against the regex in
osisScripture.

(Yes, I conceded on Bible.TEV..Gen.17.17-18, so long as it is not a
range but a token, at least in the documentation.)

Downside, with books beginning with a numeric, back to beginning
underscore, unless you prepend the reference system.

2. OSISIDREF: A valid xs:IDREF points to the OSISID so follows same rules.

3. altID: New attribute. Allows recording of variant references for the
Bible.TEV..Gen.17.17-18 case as: altID="Gen.17.17 Gen.17.18" using the
list construct Todd proposed earlier, validates against referenceType.
(Only an attribute on verse milestones? Should it be on other elements?
if so, which ones?)

Question:

On the attributes reference and referenceEnd, both validate against
referenceType. Should we allow that to have looser validation so people
can point to things that we may not have reference systems for?