[osis-core] Place to put the default reference system and a place holder for reference system info.

Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:32:55 -0500

We need an attribute to hold the default reference system.  Similar to
the lang attribute.

Something like <body referenceSystem="Bible.KJV"> and

Also I would like to propose we put in a reference system element in
<front>.

Here is what I was thinking.

<referenceSystems>
	<referenceSystem ID="Bible.OSIS">
		<resource
type="PSI">http://www.osis.org/PSI/Bible.OSIS.xtm</resource>
	</referenceSystem>
	<referenceSystem ID="Bible.TEV">
		<resource
type="PSI">http://www.osis.org/PSI/Bible.TEV.xtm</resource>
	</referenceSystem>
	<referenceSystem ID="Bible.KJV">
		<resource
type="PSI">http://www.osis.org/PSI/Bible.KJV.xtm</resource>
	</referenceSystem>
	<referenceSystem ID="Bible.NIV">
		<resource
type="PSI">http://www.osis.org/PSI/Bible.KJV.xtm</resource>
	</referenceSystem>
	<referenceSystem ID="Josephus">
		<resource
type="XLink">http://www.bigJosephusFans.org/PSI/Josephus.xml</resource>
	</referenceSystem>
	<referenceMap type="XLink">
		<resource
type="XLink">http://www.osis.org/maps/TEVToOSIS.xml</resource>
		<mappedSystem IDREF="Bible.OSIS" role="to"/>
		<mappedSystem IDREF="Bible.TEV" role="from"/>
	</referenceMap>
	<referenceMap type="XLink">
		<resource
type="XLink">http://www.osis.org/maps/KJVTEVNIV.xml</resource>
		<mappedSystem IDREF="Bible.KJV" role="toAndFrom"/>
		<mappedSystem IDREF="Bible.NIV" role="toAndFrom"/>
		<mappedSystem IDREF="Bible.TEV" role="toAndFrom"/>
	</referenceMap>
</referenceSystems>

If we can't agree on what this should look like in the next hours. (Some
what unlikely.) I was hoping to put a "placeholder" for
<referenceSystems> in OSISCore.xsd and include OSISReferenceSystem.xsd
with a trivial element or one that looks like the one above.

This would allow is to have a place to hook into in the future as we
form a more complete strategy for reference systems and mapping.

Todd