[osis-core] OSIS_0105:15 publisher types?

Mon, 8 Apr 2002 00:44:12 -0500

I think that most of our initial audience is concerned with "print"
<publishers> and <pubPlace>s that are "physicalLocations>.  (This is not
to say they are not concerned with electronic content, just that most of
the content will ORIGINALLY be in printed form, published in printed
form.)  In order to not put an undue burden on the encoders and to make
the REQUIRED attribute seem less onerous (even foolish in many peoples
eyes), if we force a default value then they will not have to do
anything unless they want to provide what the hecklers will see as
aberrant values.  If the options are enumerated (only "print" or
"electronic" and only "physicalLocation" or "electronicURI") then these
values will hold "good" data.

(any good shorter names?)

"electronicURI",