[osis-core] Organizing functional requirements

Robin Cover osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:24:53 -0500 (CDT)

Patrick,

One suggestion for organizing the meeting notes --
which I understand to be headed in the direction of
a draft functional requirements document -- would be
to adopt the general structure of the TEI Guidelines.

This could open us up to the charge that we have
a TEI bias (I would be willing to suffer from the
fallout).  While I have some major criticisms of
TEI, including especially its applicability to
"database-driven document modeling/markup," the
structure of the Guidelines document itself seems
fairly unobjectionable.

I do hope we can continue a commitment to the
notion of modeling requirements at this point, as
opposed to focus upon markup constructs.  I think we
succeeded pretty well in the Dallas meetings.

Robin