[osis-core] Comments on Req Working Draft 5 December 2001

Kees F. de Blois osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 15:02:05 +0100

Dear colleagues,

I read Robin's comments and Patrick's response with interest.
Perhaps I am oversimplying things, but could we perhaps avoid the term
'authoring' altogether, by defining the scope in clause 3 as ''OSIS 1.0
SHALL specify a standard for the encoding of standard editions of biblical
texts. Standard editions of biblical texts include critical editions of
biblical source texts, standard translations in use, and standard
translations still to be produced by translation teams worldwide.

I agree that the use of the term 'critical edition' may need to be defined
in the document.

Have a great conference in Florida, Patrick.

Kees