[mobile-devel] future ideas for And-Bible

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 18:47:42 MST 2011

Hey Martin,

Great work on and-bible! I have been real busy lately, and so rather silent
on the list, but have been reading everything.

I second the highlighting; that would be great.

Also, the idea of being able to insert personal notes connected to a verse
is great, or at least to a chapter. I mentioned this before, but at the time
you acted like that might be a long way off. The iOS Mantis Bible app does
this really well, and I would like to be able to do something like this in
And-Bible, so as not to switch between apps... :)

The new grid is a definite improvement. Thanks.

As to Chinese search, I joined the jsword-devel list as was recommended,
hoping to catch some chatter on there about Chinese language issues, but it
seems to have instantly died down. I am wondering what was learned at that
time. I am still a little curious why Chinese search cannot be done entirely
on single characters, using "AND"s and what-nots to tie a more complicated
search together... I don't think there is any real reason to attempt to
search via pinyin phrase, which of course would be much more complicated (at
least according to my understanding, which may be goofed) to implement. I
don't think anyone who uses Chinese seriously would really need to search
the Chinese text via pinyin.

Also, it would be great to be able to search text according to Strong's ref
numbers, to compare translation and context of the underlying Greek/Hebrew
text. I do this all the time in Bibletime/Xiphos. I saw someone else
mentioned this functionality.

Thanks again for the hard work you've put into this. It is really shaping up
to be a nice program, and works well.

Matthew Patenaude